Italfarmaco Group: A pharmaceutical company specialized in Women's Health
Our range of gynaecological products are our strength
Today, Italfarmaco is a leading pharmaceutical company focusing on Women's Health, but we also specialise in many other areas of Medicine. After eight decades operating in the field of drug manufacturing, research and development, our dream is still the same. Italfarmaco Group's mission is to help make progress in the field of human health through research and development. How do we achieve this? By manufacturing at a competitive cost high-quality medicines and other health products that bring scientific, technical or economic progress, combined with an efficient marketing.
About us: we make history
Italfarmaco Group was created in Milan (Italy) in 1938, under the name of Italfarmaco SpA. Its history has been marked with two milestones: it is one of the few Italian companies established exclusively with national capital and also one of the few companies created before the Second World War.
Not surprisingly, the war years were very difficult for our company. However, in 1942 Italfarmaco launched two products on the market, Glycerovalerovit and Ascorbin Calcium, which were key to its consolidation as a leading laboratory.
- In 1975, the international expansion of our laboratory began, and today, it is one of the leading laboratories in research and development.
- A decade later, in 1985, Italfarmaco acquired LPB Instituto Farmacéutico SpA, a research centre in which Italfarmaco and Sandoz Italia had invested, and which focused on research in specific areas such as Bone Metabolism.
- In 1989 there was another important addition to the Group: the company Zilliken SpA, born in Genoa in 1919, engaged in the production and distribution of medicines through licensed German laboratories.
Italfarmaco's products in the world
Today, Italfarmaco continues to expand its international presence, reaching new markets. It has subsidiaries in Greece, Russia, the United States, Chile, Peru, Portugal, Turkey, France and Morocco and it is also present in Africa and the Middle East. In Brazil, it has entered the pharmaceutical market through ITF Chemical Ltda. In addition, Italfarmaco has signed agreements for the distribution of its products in many other countries.
Women's Health Specialists
Italfarmaco has also developed a wide range of products which focus on the health of mothers and their children, even before they are born. The Natalben product range is a clear example of healthcare products for women, designed for every stage of their reproductive life cycle: pre-conception, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Committed to research and development
Italfarmaco is currently leading more than 30 research projects, which are at different stages of development. From basic to clinical research, these projects focus on the following specialities: Gynaecology, Respiratory Care, Dermatology, Bone Metabolism and Oncology.
The strategy of our laboratory is based on three pillars:
- To identify innovative ideas that may benefit patients more than existing treatment options.
- To conduct research on new administration systems and develop products that can incorporate them.
- To develop new chemical entities that focus on therapeutic targets that are specially interesting for the Italfarmaco Group.
In addition, the Italfarmaco Group has an ideal infrastructure for drug research and development. Its Pilot Plant has renewed its GMP certification which applies to the Manufacture of Investigational Medicinal Products.
Via dei Lavoratori, 54
20092 Cinisello Balsamo (MI)
Tel. 02 64431